Put simply, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a telephony solution that enables you to make and receive telephone calls via the internet.
More and more business are switching to VoIP services, with estimates suggesting there will be 348.5 million subscribers by 2020*. So, why is it becoming so popular? The short answer is cost.
Here are 5 ways that a hosted VoIP solution can save you money:
- Lower call charges – pence per minute charges will be considerably less
- No maintenance contracts – you won’t be burdened with expensive servicing, warranty and hardware contracts
- Single network – having a single network for voice and data means IT departments have one single area to manage, and that also equals lower maintenance costs.
- Minimise travel expenses – VoIP solutions can offer conferencing, video and web collaboration features, so employees don’t necessarily have to leave the office, or home, to conduct or attend meetings.
- Hardware/licensing costs – Hosted phone systems that are managed in the cloud can often be expanded without any of the additional hardware/licencing costs associated with a traditional system.
All you need to set up Hosted VoIP is access to the Internet, and a VoIP-enabled phone, or software that enables users to access the service.
If you’d like to understand the costs savings you could be making by switching to Hosted VoIP, contact us today…
* Report by Research and Markets entitled ‘ VoIP Services Market (Corporate Consumers and Individual Consumers) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 – 2020’